Today’s doctors of chiropractic play a very important role in health care. The past five years have been very successful for chiropractors as many chiropractic methods have proven to be extremely efficient for the treatment of a number of conditions.
Among the methods of treatment carried out in this health care field, exercise is given a very important role. Recoveries after car accidents, personal or office related injuries can be fast-tracked by prescribing relevant exercises that are targeted at specific segments of the neuro-musculoskeletal system.
Apart from recovery, prevention of injuries is achieved by carrying out exercises that are aimed at strengthening bones and muscles to avoid problems such as fractures, joint weakening and spinal cord problems.
The aim of prescribing exercise is to:
- Bring back strength, stamina and eliminate pain. This is the most important aspect of exercise as it helps in restoring the person’s original state of well being.
- Increase blood flow in the body and especially the brain to enhance cognitive functioning and healing.
- Restore the active lifestyle to the levels before the injury and accident. Studies have clearly shown how effective therapeutic exercises can be in eliminating pain and strengthening muscles.
- Increase confidence of the injured person by helping them in performing their daily activities with ease – the reduction in pain by proper exercise can be surprising.
- Reduce pain considerably by release of endorphins and other neural active substances.
Dangers of a Sedentary Lifestyle
A lifestyle without regular exercise is a root cause of many health problems. Recent research concluded that the number of people who die each year because of a sedentary lifestyle equals those who die due to smoking.
There are many complications that result due to an inactive lifestyle:
- Obesity – No exercise can dramatically increase weight. Being overweight can sow the seed of many ailments.
- High Blood Pressure – Obesity can sometimes result in hypertension. Hypertension can damage organs such as kidneys and cause a heart attack.
- Heart diseases – Heart diseases often follow because there is no means of reducing cholesterol. This unhealthy lifestyle can easily lead to strokes.
- Lack of energy – No exercise dramatically reduces the stamina and energy levels of a person
- Osteoporosis – Bones of people who have osteoporosis get thin and weak and are easily prone to a fracture.
- Poor Posture – A poor posture further deteriorates the situation by causing muscular and joint pains.
So start exercising and live a healthy and happy life!